Experience the National Park region from a bird's eye view
The Holiday Region National Park Hohe Tauern is an attractive destination for paragliders because of its impressive natural landscape and good thermals. The Pinzgau grassy mountains in particular are considered popular launch sites. In order to protect the Hohe Tauern National Park, we ask all paragliders to observe the points below.
Regional Contacts - Paragliding & Tandem Flight
Flugschule Pinzgau - Bramberg
5733 Bramberg am Wildkogel
Tel.: +43 6645135760
Falken Air Tandem Paragliding - Kaprun
Phone: +43 664 441443
Paragliding Zell am See
5700 Zell am See
Phone: +43 650 39 28 099
Adventure Service Outdoorsports - Zell a. See
5700 Zell am See
Phone: +43 664 50 59 920
Paragliding in the natural area - please note
- As provided by law, take-offs and landings may only take place outside the core and outer zones of the National Park (except in emergency situations).
- Flying over special protection areas (e.g. the Sulzbach valleys wilderness area) is generally prohibited in accordance with the respective regulations.
- Flight taboo zones such as special protection areas, nests of golden eagles, bearded vultures and other birds protected under the Birds Directive as well as roosting sites of griffon vultures and temporary research areas are shown on the seasonally updated map below.
- The nests of golden eagles, bearded vultures and other birds protected under the Birds Directive as well as roosting sites of griffon vultures may not be overflown within a radius of 1 km.
- Surprise emergence from behind ridges must be avoided.
- Wild animals and packs of wild animals as well as mountain hikers and mountaineers may not be approached.
- The entire Hohe Tauern National Park may only be flown over in the period from April to 30 September from 9:00 in the morning until sunset.
Flight taboo zones for glacier pilots
in the Hohe Tauern National Park Salzburg
Download the map with flight taboo zones >>
For questions please contact +43 6562 40939 or email@example.com.
Status: June 2022