The Holiday Region National Park Hohe Tauern is an attractive destination for paragliders because of its impressive natural landscape and good thermals. The Pinzgau grassy mountains in particular are considered popular launch sites. In order to protect the Hohe Tauern National Park, we ask all paragliders to observe the points below.
Paragliding in the natural area - please note
- As provided by law, take-offs and landings may only take place outside the core and outer zones of the National Park (except in emergency situations).
- Flying over special protection areas (e.g. the Sulzbach valleys wilderness area) is generally prohibited in accordance with the respective regulations.
- Flight taboo zones such as special protection areas, nests of golden eagles, bearded vultures and other birds protected under the Birds Directive as well as roosting sites of griffon vultures and temporary research areas are shown on the seasonally updated map below.
- The nests of golden eagles, bearded vultures and other birds protected under the Birds Directive as well as roosting sites of griffon vultures may not be overflown within a radius of 1 km.
- Surprise emergence from behind ridges must be avoided.
- Wild animals and packs of wild animals as well as mountain hikers and mountaineers may not be approached.
- The entire Hohe Tauern National Park may only be flown over in the period from April to 30 September from 9:00 in the morning until sunset.