Kitzsteinhorn - The Glacier
The myth of the Kitzsteinhorn: more than just a glacier. THE glacier. Surrounded by the highest peaks in Austria, the mountain adventure opens up here from its most powerful side: snow fun in summer for the whole family at 3,000 metres, fantastic hikes in the high alpine nature, mountain bike freeride trails and the Gipfelwelt 3000 open all year round with spectacular panoramic views.
You can find more information at www.kitzsteinhorn.at
Information on the high mountain reservoirs can be found here
Situated at over 3000 metres, directly on the border of the Hohe Tauern National Park, the GIPFELWELT 3000 opens up magnificent insights and views of high alpine nature all year round:
- Top of Salzburg - Salzburg's highest panorama platform (3,029m)
- Nationalpark Gallery - Information stations mystically inside the mountain and an imposing panorama platform with views of the Großglockner and Austria's highest mountains
- Cinema 3000 - impressive natural atmospheres and seemingly limitless panoramic images on an 8m wide screen
- ICE ARENA – an experience for the whole family with slides in the summer snow, snow beach, snow bar and much more.
- National Park Gallery Tour: daily free National Park Ranger guided tour of the Gipfelwelt 3000.
- My first 3000m: the weekly guided summit tour on the 3,203 m high Kitzsteinhorn
- Explorer Tour: Embark on an exciting journey of discovery through four climate zones with a National Park Ranger.
You can find more information about guided tours here