Tauern Cycle Path
From Krimml downstream to the town and back
The Tauern Cycle Path is one of the most beautiful cycle paths in Europe. The starting point of the 270-kilometre-long, cross-border cycle route is the municipality of Krimml. From there you cycle downstream along the Salzach past Kaprun, Schwarzach, Bischofshofen and Golling to Salzburg, and back upstream along the Saalach via Bad Reichenhall in Bavaria to Lofer and Saalfelden to Zell am See.
In 7 stages through the Salzburger Land
Simply click on the daily stages of the Tauern Cycle Path and you will see the detailed description of the stage incl. route, refreshment stops and excursion destinations.
- Tauern Cycle Path stage 1: Krimml - Mittersill
- Tauern Cycle Path stage 2: Mittersill - Bruck a.d. Glocknerstrasse
- Tauern Cycle Path stage 3: Bruck - Schwarzach
- Tauern Cycle Path stage 4: Schwarzach - Golling
- Tauern Cycle Path stage 5: Golling - Salzburg
- Tauern Cycle Path stage 6: Salzburg - Lofer
- Tauern Cycle Path stage 7: Lofer bis Bruck a.d. Glocknerstrasse
Another Tauern Cycle Path variant leads 310 kilometres from Krimml to Passau.
Sights along the way
More than 90 percent of the route runs on cycle paths and low-traffic side roads. Numerous sights and natural monuments lie along the route, as do more than 50 cycle-friendly establishments that have perfectly adapted their offers to the needs of cyclists.
Would you like something a little more cosy?
If you want to take it more leisurely, you can cover the distance from Zell am See to Krimml by public transport. This is the perfect way to enjoy the panoramic view of the Hohe Tauern and relax. For the latest information on taking bicycles on the Pinzgau Lokalbahn from Zell am See to Krimml as well as reservations, please contact the Lokalbahn directly on +43 6562 40 600.