The Kitzsteinhorn legend: more than a glacier. THEglacier. Salzburg's only glacier ski area and an alpine aha moment, 365 days a year. Surrounded by Austria's highest peaks, a mountain adventure shows off its mightiest face here.
Glacier skiing fun from autumn to early summer with guaranteed natural snow on the glacier.
- 41 kilometres of slopes, 18 cable cars and lifts, including the highest cable car pillar in the world at 113 metres.
- 3 world-class snowparks and Austria's most tempting superpipe.
- 5 freeride routes and an exemplary freeride-info-system, "Freeride Monday" workshops for beginners and the advanced.
- ICE CAMP presented by Audi quattro with quattro Lounge, Ice Bar and sundeck – a wonder world made completely out of snow and ice.
- Summit Restaurant – Salzburg's highest located restaurant
- Ski network Zell am See-Kaprun from around end-November to April (138 kilometres of slopes)
Located at more than 3,000 metres, right by the boundary to the Hohe Tauern National Park, the GIPFELWELT 3000 opens up superb views and insights into the high alpine nature.
- Top of Salzburg - Salzburg's highest located Panorama-Platform (3,029m)
- Nationalpark Gallery - Information points mystically located in the interior of the mountain and an impressive panorama platform with views of the Grossglockner and Austria's highest mountains
- Cinema 3000 - Spectacular moods of nature and seemingly endless panoramic images on an 8-metre wide screen
- Summit Restaurant – Culinary indulgence in Salzburg's highest located restaurant
- Free weekly guided tours with the national park rangers through Gipfelwelt 3000
Further information can be found here.
If you are looking for a family ski area in Salzburg province, we are definitely the right place for you. As the friendly neighbor of Schmittenhöhe in Zell am See and the glacier Kitzsteinhorn in Kaprun, the Maiskogel scores major points with its ready accessibility, plenty of visitor parking (free of charge), a children-friendly setting and inexpensive prices on lift tickets.
Excellently groomed slopes for beginners and "pros", serviced by snowmaking equipment, that offer heavenly skiing enjoyment for the whole family.
More information can be found here.