The Kitzsteinhorn legend: more than a glacier. THEglacier. Surrounded by Austria's highest peaks, a mountain adventure shows off its mightiest face here: Fun in the snow for the whole family at 3,000 metres, wonderful hikes in high alpine nature, mountain bike freeride trails and Gipfelwelt 3000, open year-round, with its spectacular panoramic views.
Information of the artificial lakes can be found here.
Located at more than 3,000 metres, right by the boundary to the Hohe Tauern National Park, the GIPFELWELT 3000 opens up superb views and insights into the high alpine nature.
- Top of Salzburg - Salzburg's highest located Panorama-Platform (3,029m)
- National Park Gallery - Information points mystically located in the interior of the mountain and an impressive panorama platform with views of the Grossglockner and Austria's highest mountains
- Cinema 3000 - Spectacular moods of nature and seemingly endless panoramic images on an 8-metre wide screen
- Free daily guided tours with the national park rangers through Gipfelwelt 3000
- ICE ARENA – an adventure for the whole family with slides in the summer snow, a snow beach, snowbar and much more (mid-June to August)
- Summit Restaurant – Culinary indulgence in Salzburg's highest located restaurant
Further information can be found here.
- Free daily tours with national park rangers to the Gipfelwelt 3000 (around June to mid-September)
- Free weekly guided hikes along the Alexander Enzinger trail from Kitzsteinhorn to Maiskogel (around July to mid-September)
- "My first 3,000-metre summit", the weekly guided summit tour up to the 3,203 m high Kitzsteinhorn (around July to mid-September)