Many people use nature and landscapes as a recreational space. The Hohe Tauern National Park is among the attractive destinations for outdoor sportspeople to enjoy peace, experience nature and find some balance to everyday life. Natural and near-natural cultural landscapes are coming under strong pressure due to the increase in settlement, traffic and infrastructure construction, the intensification of agriculture and forestry as well as only limited functionality of regional planning. The habitat for plants and animals is getting ever more scarce. The national park administration and paragliders have a mutual interest in preserving the attractive natural landscape in the Hohe Tauern.
In order to avoid disturbing the wildlife, guidelines were drawn up sectorally in consideration of the special requirements and vulnerabilities of protected species:
- Flight taboo zones like special conservation areas, aeries of golden eagles, bearded vultures and other birds protected under the bird conservation guidelines as well as roosting places of griffon vultures may not be flown over. Additional taboo zones include temporary research zones. These flight taboo zones are indicated in the seasonally update map (see download below)
- Take-offs and landings can only take place outside the national park, except for in emergencies.
- Flying over special protected areas is generally prohibited.
- Aeries of golden eagles, bearded vultures and other birds protected under the bird conservation guidelines as well as roosting places of griffon vultures may not be flown over within a radius of 1 km. Additional taboo zones include temporary research zones.
- Alpine open landscapes may only be flown over straight-line and sudden emergence from behind ridges should be avoided.
- Wildlife and packs of wild animals as well as mountain hikers and climbers must not be approached from the air.
- The entire Hohe Tauern National Park may basically be flown over only in the period from April 1 to September 30 from 09:00 AM until sunset.
4Motion Team B.E.
Sigmund Thun Straße 18, 5710 Kaprun
Tel. +43 (0) 664 / 20 10 818
Rafting Center Taxenbach
Markstraße 1, 5660 Taxenbach
Tel. +43 (0) 6543 / 53 52
Adventure Service Outdoorsports
Steinergasse 5 -7
A-5700 Zell am See
Tel: 0043 6542 73525