Arrival by train & bus
Besides the environmentally friendly fact, travelling by bus and train also allows you to travel stress-free without heavy traffic or traffic jams. We have summarised the most important information about your journey to the holiday region by bus or train for you here.
Book your train ticket now
- Train timetable Austria
- Train timetable Germany
- Train timetable Switzerland
- Train timetable Netherlands
Train and bus timetables
From Vienna to Zell am See-Kaprun
From 30 June to 10 September 2023, the Railjet offers a car-free direct connection from Vienna via St. Pölten, Linz and Salzburg to your summer holiday on weekends.
From Hanover to Zell am See-Kaprun
The "Großglockner" ICE will also be running in summer 2023 (June to September 2023). The train will take you comfortably from Germany to Zell am See.
From Zell am See to Krimml
The Pinzgau Local Railway (Pinzgaubahn) runs from Zell am See to Krimml and is the ideal means of transport to discover the region. Nostalgia trips with the old steam locomotive are particularly popular. Cyclists also greatly appreciate the narrow-gauge railway to get to the starting point of the Tauern Cycle Path.
Rail replacement service between Niedernsill and Krimml
There is currently a bus service between Niedernsill and Krimml. Click here for the timetable >>
Current information on bicycle transport can be found here >>
Tips for your train and bus travelling
App Public Transport Salzburg
The free Salzburg Public Transport (Salzburg Verkehr) App constantly accesses current traffic data and always provides you with the latest information on the traffic situation, so that you always know which route and which means of transport are best for you. Based on the Austrian Traffic Information (VAO), the entire traffic situation is covered.
Car Rental in Schwarzach
Mietwagen Pongau offers a free train station transfer of your rental car to Schwarzach/St.Veit train station.
ÖBB Luggage Service
Checking luggage - that's the way to go
- Travel lighter instead of carrying excess luggage
- Door-to-door luggage check-in in Austria, South Tyrol and Germany (mainland and islands of Usedom and Rügen)
- Unlimited number of pieces of luggage up to 30 kg each and 300 cm girth per piece or 500 cm girth for packed bicycles
- Money-back guarantee in case of non-compliance with pick-up or delivery times
- Liability up to € 800,- per piece of luggage (Please note that unpacked bicycles are excluded from liability!)
- Rebooking and cancellation possible up to 3 working days prior to collection