Meet a Ranger
The National Park Rangers are considered the figurehead of the National Park - after all, they know "their" valley like the back of their hand. In summer you have the opportunity to meet our National Park Rangers in the National Park valleys from Krimml to Hüttschlag!
Learn more about the natural resources in the National Park and get to know its unique flora and fauna. Get to know the people who protect our National Park and learn how you can preserve these treasures for future generations.
Meet a Ranger - Details
- Period: 08 July to 10 September 2023
- When? By the day, 09.00 - 17.00 in the marked NP valleys.
- Meeting point: The Junior Rangers in the information huts provide information on where exactly you can meet the National Park Ranger.
- Wildgerlostal (Krimml) on Tue & Thu
- Krimml Achental (Krimml) on Mon & Fri
- Obersulzbachtal (Neukirchen am Großvenediger) on Tue & Thu
- Habachtal (Bramberg) on Mon to 12 noon, Wed & Thu
- Hollersbachtal (Hollersbach) on Tue & Wed
- Felbertal (Mittersill) on Tue & Thu
- Stubachtal (Uttendorf) on Tue and Fri from 14:30 & on Thu
- Kaprunertal (Kaprun) on Mon & Fri
- Fuschertal (Fusch an der Glocknerstraße) on Monday
- Raurisertal (Rauris) on Mon until 12 noon, Wed from 1pm & Thu
- Gasteinertal (Bad Gastein) on Monday
- Großarltal/Schödertal (Hüttschlag) on Wed from 2pm & on Fri
"Just don't be shy!"
The information cottages at the valley entrances from the Wildgerlostal to the Großarltal are staffed from Monday to Friday during the summer months. Our junior rangers are there to help and advise visitors. They have tips on the highlights in Austria's largest national park, know about local hiking information, provide up-to-date maps and give information about the rangers' meeting points.
Info huts - the details 2023:
- Period: 8 July to 10 September
- Open: 09.00 - 17.00, Sunday to Friday
- Get started: First point of contact for your individual visit to the National Park.